I emailed my relatively reliable Nebraska source to get an inside line on the big Nebraska vs. Georgia Capital One bowl game on New Year's Day Tuesday morning in Orlando, Florida.
"It will be tough," reported my grandson Nicholas Perez, a freshman in mechanical engineering at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln.
He's right. Nebraska ought to be in the Rose Bowl, replaying Stanford and the game they lost to Stanford in the Rose Bowl in 1941--and a game Nebraska fans never forgot.
But Nebraska got slaughtered by Wisconsin, 70-31, in its last game, the Big Ten championship game, and so had to take a consolation bowl game prize.
And the Huskers are playing a tough Georgia team, with an 11-2 record, and a 81/2 point odds advantage.
Game time is 10 a.m Tuesday on ABC (Channel 7) in San Francisco.
Meanwhile, for those hardcore Husker fans who like to congregate and cheer in a bar, Final Final will be showing the game on its premiere screen at l0 a.m. Tuesday.
Final Final is a Nebrask stronghold owned amd operated by a loyal Nebraskan, Arnie Prien of Lyons, Nebraska. The game comes with inexpensive beer and free popcorn and the Husker faithful. Final Final is situated at 2900 Baker St., San Francisco, 415-931-7800. Street parking is always a problem in this neighborhood, so try the nearby Presidio.
There is no place like Nebraska. Especially in San Francisco and Orlando. Go Big Red!
Most Commented On
- Mallett sure is uppity - May 21, 2013
- Quicken Loans is headquartering itself in Detroit - May 21, 2013
- I think everybody knows who - May 21, 2013
- You really should read - May 21, 2013
- Her no-nonsense, practical - May 21, 2013
- Rising prices are a good thing for property owners - May 21, 2013
- Barto - May 21, 2013
- In all seriousness, after - May 21, 2013
- Yes and moreover, Chris, I expect that the incoming hippies in - May 21, 2013
- Tell me, is Apple not - May 21, 2013